The Battle for Wesnoth is free to download open-source turn-based strategy games with a fantasy setting, designed by Australian developer David White and first released on June 2003. In Wesnoth, the player attempts to build a powerful army by controlling villages and defeating enemies for experience. The game is loosely based on the Sega Genesis games Master of Monsters and Warsong.
The Battle for Wesnoth is free games, available under the GPLv2 license in source form and for a variety of computer operating systems.
About The Game Battle For Wesnoth
Explore the world of Wesnoth and take part in its many adventures! Embark on a desperate quest to reclaim your rightful throne…
Flee the Lich Lords to a new home across the sea…
Delve into the darkest depths of the earth to craft a jewel of fire itself…
Defend your kingdom against the ravaging hordes of a foul necromancer…
Or lead a straggly band of survivors across the blazing sands to confront an unseen evil.
Battle For Wesnoth Features
- Cross-platform compatible with Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, and GNU/Linux
- Tons of player-made content available from the official add-ons server: new campaigns, factions, and multiplayer maps with new and unique mechanics and artwork
- Highly moddable engine combining WML and Lua scripting
- Translated into over 30 different languages
- Face off against other players over the Internet, or challenge your friends over a private/local network or hot-seat
- Over 200 unit types in seven major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons, and spells
- 17 singleplayer campaigns and 55 multiplayer maps to choose from
- Units hand-animated in a vibrant pixel art style, with semi-realistic portraits used for dialog
The minimum requirement to play Battle For Wesnoth
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or later, Apple macOS 10.8 or later, Ubuntu 16.04 or compatible (Recommended: Microsoft Windows 10, Apple macOS 10.10 or later, Ubuntu 18.04 or compatible)
- CPU: Dual-core 2.0 GHz or better (Recommended: Dual-core 3.2 GHz or better)
- RAM: 2 GB (Recommended: 4 GB}
- Disk: 800 MB free (Recommended: 2 GB free)
- Graphics: 800×600 or larger screen (Recommended: 1024×768 or larger screen)
- Input: Keyboard and mouse required